Boy quilt made from baby clothes first year memory quilt clothes line quilt
If you would like to preserve your child's clothing from thier first year or two this is a very unique way to do it. The process for this is:
Choose which size quilt you would like by the number of items you are sending. Large throw, shown in pictures, 10-15 outfits for clothes line.
Full bed size, 15-20 outfits for clothes line, queen size, 20 - 30 outfits for clothes line, king size, 31-35 outfits for the clothes line. You may send a hat, bib, 2 pairs of socks, and up to 5 items that can be put in the grass.
1. Ship your clothing, making sure to separate which items can be cut up and which pieces are to be hung on the clothes line.
2. The clothes will be prepared for the quilt and appliqued onto the quilt top.
3. Small "Clothes pins" will be made from fabric and appliqued onto the clothes line which is made out of ribbon.
4. Items that are small, such as, socks, bibs, hats, or items that have been cut from clothing will be added into the clothes basket and laid around in the grass under the clothes line.
5. If you would like a toy, such as, a dinosaur or a truck appliqued in the grass please make a note of that and include it in the box with your clothing shipment. If you do not ask for this in the grass will only include your clothing items and the basket to hold clothes.
6. When the quilt top is completely done then the quilt will be quilted with warm and natural batting and a cotton backing fabric.
If you would like to purchase this you may use this listing to order or you may choose to pay a 40% deposit. If you choose this method you will send a check for 40% in the box with your clothing. When the quilt is completed you would send a check for the balance before the quilt will be shipped.
Address for shipping clothing.
DollyWolly Quilting and Sewing, LLC.
15439 Stone House Drive
Brooksville, FL 34604
Make checks payable to Kim Mottlau